Enable charitable giving
25% uplift on donations
Gift Aid is a tax efficient method of giving where charities can claim, from HMRC, an extra 25p for every £1 donated. By in large, subscription payments that volunteer organisations collect from their members are Gift Aid eligible, because they can be considered as charitable donations.
The Government says that lots of people have heard of Gift Aid but that not many people use it, largely due to a lack of awareness of tax efficient giving.
It’s also extremely time and labour intensive for volunteers to track and reconcile standing order payments, maintain Gift Aid declarations and manage submissions to HMRC, which means your organisation is likely missing out on sustainable, much needed revenue.
Well, you don’t need to worry about that because MCH is authorised by HMRC to file Gift Aid repayment claims on behalf of UK registered charities and if your organisation is not a charity itself, help could be at hand!
By allowing MCH to collect payments and administer all of this for you, you could:
- Increase revenue
- Free up valuable resources for your organisation
- Ease the financial burden on your paying members
- 100%Subscription based payments
- 64%People aware of Gift Aid
- 33%People use Gift Aid
MCH can administer Gift Aid claims on your charity’s behalf through use of its automated processing technology, making collection, tracking and reporting of individual payments easy for you. All you have to do is set it up:
- Firstly, you need to be signed up to a Government Gateway account. This is quick and instant.
- Secondly, your charity must be recognised by HMRC for tax purposes. This process can take up to 6 weeks from the date of information submission.
- Lastly, you need to appoint MCH as your charity’s collection agent. You do this by entering key HMRC information about your organisation, via your MCH official's hub login. It is compulsory that the information provided, matches exactly to that held and provided by HMRC.
Not a charity?
MCH is appointed to collect donations and administer claims on behalf of Bumbershoot Charity UK, a charity registered in Scotland which aims to help UK based volunteer organisations who develop, educate and make positive difference to the community.
It is a charitable giving facility that allows people to donate to a nominated cause of their choice, allowing Bumbershoot Charity UK to claim Gift Aid, for organisations who would not ordinarily benefit from the Gift Aid scheme.
Qualifying organisations will receive all nominated donations, plus eligible Gift Aid for the benefit of their cause (administration fees may apply).
You don’t need to be a member of MCH to apply to Bumbershoot Charity UK, but we really believe the value MCH can create for your club and its members speaks for itself, and you’ll find it difficult to find a reason not to!About Bumbershoot
No need to wait, you can get started now
The set up processes with HMRC and Bumbershoot Charity UK can take a little bit of time but that doesn’t stop you from getting going with enjoying all the benefits MCH has to offer. In fact, the MCH registration will guide you through the HMRC and Bumbershoot Charity UK processes.
You can, if you wish, partially complete your registration and return to finish and activate at a later date.Get Started